At this time of year, it is a tradition to look back and feel grateful for all that the year has brought, as well as look forward and think about (and visualize, and make a vision board) what are our objectives for 2018.
I would like to share today what I am grateful for in 2017 (in no particular order!):
- Having had to make some (tough) choices wrt work
- More work-life balance as a result
- New job opportunities
- New relationships forming and developing
- New lovely clients
- A happy and healthy family
- A big party for my 50th birthday and our 10th wedding anniversary
- Kids doing well at school and growing into beautiful and kind humans
- A lot of learning, on intuition, money, drumming and kinesiology
- The same beautiful house in the same beautiful and sunny region
- A lot of crocheting (am particularly proud of my big cactus) and DIY-ing
- Having earned more money this year than last year
- Managing a bit of sport this year (yoga and cross-fit)
- Tackling my health issues…and getting rid of my carcinoma after 2 surgeries
- And probably forgetting (again) a lot of things on this list J
If you managed to start (and continue with) the gratitude jar last year, this time of year would be a perfect moment to review it!
And if not, maybe you could start now J: use a big jar, decorate it so that you feel great just by looking at it, and use small pieces of colored paper to write the things you are grateful for, and make it a habit to do that (remember, it takes as much as 66 days to get a new habit installed, so keep going!). You could do it in the evenings before going to bed (like if you were to write them all in your gratitude journal instead), or do it together as a family on Sunday evenings to look back at the week…
I want to end this post by wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a blissful, joyful, healthy and wealthy 2018.
Take good care of yourself and enjoy life!
Much love, Madeleine