I just had a short week holiday and I took the opportunity to read 2 fiction books, which I never do otherwise because I get so engrossed in them that I can’t stop!
The first one motivated me to write this email, here’s the pic!
First of all, I recommend this book! Secondly, it made me think of my childhood dreams, did I have some and what did I do with them. That’s what I want to share today and ask you to do the same!
When I was a kid, I wanted:
- To be a fairy with a magic wand (so I kept dressing like one and using my wand but no magic came out…)
- To never be a school teacher, as I saw my mum coming home every day with a pile of corrections to do!
- To marry an Englishman so that I could have bilingual kids (I was about 6 at the time, go figure where that came from!)
- To be a vet (I guess, like 80% of the other kids ;-))
- To learn to read tarot (when I was 12, I was fascinated by the fact my step-mum could read the future in the cards)
So what did I do?
- No magic wand for me I am afraid, although I can say I have some magical powers, like knowing where things are when my husband is asking for his keys for instance!
- I did become a teacher – even though not for small kids!, and it has taken me some time to embrace that part of me 😉
- I married a Dutchman and got 2 perfectly bilingual kids Hooray!!!
- I did not become a vet (as I changed my mind many times, and then changed jobs many times too!)
- I can’t really read Tarot yet but know some basic meaning and am letting my intuition speak more and more, so that could still come!
So…. Do you remember your childhood dreams? If yes, did some of them come true? Could you still make others come true? I would just like you to take some time to reflect of those, and if you can’t remember any, to then focus on your current dreams, what are they now? And how can you make them come true?
Remember, “A goal is a dream with a deadline”, said Napoleon Hill!
I wish you a wonderful week!